Friday, January 25, 2013

7 Quick Takes 25JAN2013

1. Last Sunday was the Sunday of the Pharisee and the Publican and this Sunday is the Sunday of the Prodigal Son. Lent is coming up fast!

2. Which means that Easter is also coming up soon!

3. I get to spend another weekend in a row with Princess.

 4. So even despite the crass language I enjoy the Epic Rap Battles of History Youtube series. Maybe its just me but I think it would be neat to have a Catholic Rap Battles of History. Perhaps St Nicholas v Arius? St Augustine v Pelagius? St Ignatius of Antioch v Martin Luther?

5. I was reading about the lady in Conyers, GA who claimed to have seen Mary on a number of occasions through the 1990s. I couldn't find any clear information on the Church's stance regarding this. Does anyone have anything to add?


6. I also saw that there is a Ukrainian Catholic Church adjacent to the area. There seems to be some implied support from the local eparchy. I thought that was random.


7. O Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Who art everywhere present and fillest all things, Treasury of good things, and Giver of life: come and abide in us, and cleanse us from every sin, and save our souls, O Good One!

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

No comments: