Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ever Virgin Mary


"And he brought me back to the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary, which looked towards the east: and it was shut.
And the Lord said to me: This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall pass through it: because the Lord the God of Israel hath entered in by it, and it shall be shut
For the prince. The prince himself shall sit in it, to eat bread before the Lord: he shall enter in by the way of the porch of the gate, and shall go out by the same way." Ezekiel 44:1-3
read more

h/t to Classical Christianity
May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

5 comments:

kkollwitz said...

I bet that's Isaiah iat lower left. Never seen a Platytera with a third person before.

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

According to the author of the blog where I found the icon, its Moses. It was pointed out to me that in an enlarged image you can see that his sandals are removed, which fits with the flames referring to her comparison with the burning bush.

kkollwitz said...

Yes! I've never seen a Platytera with Moses and burning Mary before.

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

I also really like the angels up top with censers. I always like reminders of the connection between Heavenly worship and the Divine Liturgy/Mass.

kkollwitz said...

Yes. I may want to use this next year in Catechism class. I already use at least one Platytera handout, but ya can't have too many Platyteras.