Friday, April 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes 19 APR 2013

1. I visited DC the other day. I went to the Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.  While I was there I noticed that the two ceiling mosaics on the two ends of the apse are God the Father separating land from the sea and God the Son separating the Faithful from everyone else. I like the juxtaposition, but I'm not sure which connection the artist is making. Maybe a reference to the baptized as the New Creation?

2. Last Sunday was the Sunday of the Myrrh Bearers. I like how Mary Magdalene and the other myrrh-bearing women are referred to in the East as co-equal to the Apostles.

3. Is anyone reading this in the Augusta, GA area?

4. Its time to start mowing the lawn again. Maybe this year I will break down and get a riding lawnmower.

5. End of the semester is only two weeks away! Woohoo!

6. This has been one of those weeks when I feel like its been Groundhog's Day seven times.

7. Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true Man.

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

No comments: