Saturday, July 14, 2007

Five Reasons Meme

The Ironic Catholic tagged "the rest of God's frozen people" for the Five Reasons you love Jesus meme. Fairbanks definitely qualifies. I've got more than 5, but these are the top reasons.
  1. He died for our sins. I'm sure this is cliche and everyone else's number 1, but it deserves to be no other place. It's HUGE that God should submit Himself to death as a common criminal, and all for the forgiveness of our sins when we don't deserve it at all.
  2. God is love. Its hard NOT to love a person who is Love itself.
  3. He gave us His body, blood, soul and divinity in the Holy Eucharist. He told us that He would be with us until the end of time and He has been true to His word. As the song "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence" says, "He wil give to all the faithful His own Self for Heavenly Food".
  4. He condescended to Human form. Its not enough that He understands Humanity because He created us, He became one of us and shared in everything Human except sin (although he shared in temptation).
  5. He brings peace into my life. At different times I have tried to be at peace by different means, such as alcohol, food, people, ideas, or things. Nothing brings peace and joy into my life the way that Jesus does.
I peeked at some of the other responses. Mine is less emotional and more intellectual. If you know me that's no surprise. I would like to mention #5 from Vito at "Long Road to Priesthood": Because sometimes you have to yell and flip some tables to get your point across.

I tag anyone who reads this and feels moved to respond.
Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord!

3 comments:

catholicandgop said...

I'm still working on this. :)

Adoro said...

I'm one of the people tagged by IC, and as a member of the MN "frozen people", I think that you're also officially included in the bunch.

Besides, you have even more of a right to the claim; we get more light here, and all week it's been really really hot and muggy, and right now it's hot but drier, and all week it's going to be hot and muggy.

I'm seriously contemplating a move to Juneau; the climate is much more temperate, and it's closer to good moutain skiing.

The lack of roads in and out is an issue, though.

How's skiing in Fairbanks, and can a Minnesotan easily adjust to the cold and dark? :-)

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

I don't think anybody adjusts easily to the extremes of cold and dark here. There is a good deal of skiing here though. The winter sports somewhat make up for the miserable conditions.