Friday, December 16, 2011

7 Quick Takes 16DEC

  1. So I just finished (and started) my Christmas gift shopping yesterday afternoon. Now I just need to mail most of them and hope they get to my family in time.
  2. I don't usually get political on my blog, but has anyone else heard about the provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act which allow the military to arrest American citizens as terrorists even within the US? Maybe we should arrest certain members of Congress for such a blatant attempt to undermine the Constitution.
  3. On a more pleasant note, I bought my daughter a playset for Christmas and I can't wait to see her face when its set up.
  4. I went to a white elephant gift exchange with the local young adult ministry. My gift was a pack of mousetraps. I ended up with two irons.
  5. 5th installment of Wisdom from Father Jose coming up on Monday. I have a weekly post scheduled to post every Monday through the end of April.
  6. Its great that everyone makes such a big deal about Christmas, but why doesn't anyone seem to care about Easter?
  7. We Three Kings


May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

1 comment:

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

I love #2. Ron Paul, whom I don't support, said the truth in TV recently: If everyone in Congress took their oath of office seriously, 80% wouldn't be there. Very scary.

#4 White elephant exchanges are always chancy, aren't they? I had to chuckle on this one.

We Three Kings sung by a male choir - really great.