Friday, May 17, 2013

7 Quick Takes 17MAY13



1. I have 78 more posts until I reach my goal of 1000 posts. I'm not sure what reason I will have to continue blogging after that. I have a hard time thinking of things to say.

2. Personally, I prefer having fewer things to say to those out there who have too many things to say. As Shakespeare famously put it, "Brevity is the soul of wit."

3. I started a blog post about lessons learned from The Gods Must be Crazy. I think it will be one of my best posts, even if I have to say so myself.

4. May 13th was the eighth anniversary of my commissioning as an Army officer. I didn't anything special any of the other years and this one went by unobserved also.

5. Memorial Day is coming up and it actually means something to me. I know I shouldn't worry about what others do, but it irks me sometimes when people just use the long weekend as an excuse to party. May God have mercy on our war dead.

6. I've been discerning whether I have a call to the priesthood. However, at the same time, I have a young daughter.

7. I'm glad that Gosnell was sentenced to life in prison rather than given a death sentence. I am sad that so many children died, but his life is no less valuable. May God convert his heart and may he repent.

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

No comments: