Thursday, May 11, 2006

Moving Day

Well, I don't post too much personal stuff here, but here's one of the exceptions.
Tomorrow is the big day. That's right I am leaving the seminary tomorrow and instead of finishing the packing I am writing this post.
I have some rather mixed emotions about the whole thing. I am leaving of my own accord and I am not saying which seminary. A combination of things led me to make this decision. I made the decision back in February to leave at the end of the semester.
Ironically, I thought I had it figured out, but the closer I got this point the more I doubted whether it was the right decision. I had some conversations and soul searching that made me wonder. I still daydream now and then about giving a homily.
Sometimes I wonder if I should have trying entering a religious order instead of entering as a diocesan seminarian. Now I am even more confused then ever, but the die is cast.
I am not sure what God has called me to do, but in the meanwhile I owe four years to the Army.
Its been real. Its been fun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? Think you're so cool for leaving early. At least I get to see Angelina when I go home!

(Yeah I realize your post had nothing to do with gloating, but that's the fun in ribbing!)