Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Da Vinci Code protests

Its safe to say that a lot of Catholics and Christians in general are very upset about the movie and want to do something about it. I have read in different places calls for a boycott, calls to see any other movie (I don't see how it will do anything), and people calling others to go adoration or do a protest rosary outside.
This, I hadn't seen. A supposedly Catholic group in India is calling on people to have hunger strikes to the point of death, according to the AFP on Yahoo News. My first reaction is : what the...?
Of course this group, "The Catholic Secular Forum", is calling on people pretty much to commit suicide (a mortal sin). It would not only thin their ranks, but they would be encouraging and cooperating with a sinful act.
I am sure that the movie has soon outrageous statements, just like the book, against Christianity and its certainly a shame that so many people have believed the lies. However, the movie is NOT that bad that you should die over it for crying out loud!
Someone should notify the Darwin Awards. If anyone actually listens to these goombas and actually starves themself to death, then they definitely deserve a Darwin Award for their efforts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd like to see Da Vinci Code and find out for myself. Hmmm, now I see a protest campaign... hmmm.

rob leonardo