Sunday, May 07, 2006

Mass

A friend of mine recently told me that the reason she doesn't go to mass (except on Christmas, Easter, and when we were dating and I would take her) was that she feels that she doesn't get anything out of it.
I just don't get it.... Well, actually I do. She doesn't understand the enormity of what happens at mass.
Christ becomes physically present. Even if you don't like the priest's homily or it went too long, there's still the huge implications of the Divine Person Jesus Christ taking the form of bread and wine.
Our almighty and all-powerful God humbles himself to be held in your hand and be present in the chalice. You hold GOD IN YOUR HAND!
You receive Him and your flesh becomes His flesh. His flesh becomes your flesh. You receive His blood and His blood flows in your blood. You become a living, breathing, walking, talking tabernacle!
I hope someday she will understand just how exciting it really is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make a good point! You hear the people say, "I've never seen a miracle!" and then you know they've never been to Mass!