5. Cross-cultural miscommunications can be funny.
4. People are not stupid because they don't know what we know.
X! didn't know that goats are livestock and he didn't know how to use modern machinery. However, he learned quickly how to drive and moreover he knew about animals and tracking in a way that would seem magical to people who grew up in towns and cities. If the roles were reversed, he might wonder why we couldn't figure out basic survival in the bush.
3. Too many of us are slaves to the clock.
2. Other people's problems can become your problems.
As Sam Boja and his rebels fled from the soldiers, they kidnapped the teacher and her students to use as human shields. Then they forced them to march for miles before X! put them to sleep with his darts.
1. Things do not bring happiness.
Anyone who has seen the movie remembers that the Coke bottle was very useful, but caused great unhappiness. By throwing the bottle off the edge of the world, they were able to return to their peaceful lives.
May God bless all who read my ramblings,
Adopt A Catholic Blog