1. Father's Day went well. I got to spend the whole day together with Princess! At the end of the day we visited with her Nana and Papa. Her gift to me was at Nana/Papa's. She picked out a nice pocket watch with deer on the cover. Its definitely the best gift I've received in years. I went home and put it in the drawer of my nightstand, not because I didn't want it but because I'm afraid that I will break it otherwise. I have a tendency to break things. I am the reason my parents couldn't have nice things.
2. Two parts from the Psalms always come to mind for me on Father's Day:
|Just as a father has compassion on his children,||Behold, children are a gift of the Lord,|
|So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him.||The fruit of the womb is a reward.|
|--Psalm 103:13||Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,|
|So are the children of one’s youth.|
|How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;|
|They will not be ashamed|
|When they speak with their enemies in the gate.|
3.I've really struggled this year to write in this blog. I'm not going to quit writing on it, but I think I need to think and pray about new subjects to write about. I always had something to write about when I was in the seminary (most days 2 or 3 posts) but the inspiration has diminished since then. After a while in Iraq I stopped writing here altogether and forgot I had this blog for over a year before I began posting again. Maybe a retreat is in order.
4.Would anyone in my limited audience care to guest post here at 50 Days After? I've asked before but I only ever got one taker.
5. I read about a shooting in Utah during Mass. The man who was shot is expected to survive. Please say a prayer for those involved and a prayer for the shooter that he may repent.
6. I finished reading Willie Robertson's autobiography. I previously read Phil Robertson's autobiography. I like how each chapter starts with a Bible verse. I was thinking what I could put for Bible verses at the beginning of chapters if I wrote an autobiography, but all I could think of was Jonah when he was swallowed by the whale.
7. Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true Man.
May God bless all who read my ramblings,
Adopt A Catholic Blog