Monday, January 01, 2007

Captain Catholic

As I was cruising the internet this morning I discovered two videos on google apparently meant as part of a larger series. I linked to them at the bottom of this post. They are the first two episodes of the Captain Catholic series. That's right, Captain Catholic. His tagline is "Love, Hope and the Catholic Way". He quickly changes, like Superman, into a costume with a cape and boots to take on his nemesis. He also has a "Sin Sense" which tingles like Spiderman's "Spider Sense" I included links to both videos on Google Video since YouTube broke each episode into 3 or 4 pieces each. The videos are a bit over the top, but they have some good apologetics. The second video seems to forget Extra Ecclesia Nulla Salus.
The first video is about greed, capitalism and the church's teachings about both. The villain is Dick DeGreedio. Its only about 17 minutes compared to half hour for the second episode.
The second one deals with Sola Fide, Faith Alone. The villain in this episode is Evangelical Earl. Although I do not agree with Sola Fide I do not agree with their treatment of Evangelical Earl. In the video they drew horns on him along with a Hitler mustache. Aside from that crass attack, it would be an enjoyable video.
Its an interesting and somewhat funny way to get Catholic teaching out there. It has potential and I personally would like to see the future videos.

Episode I

Episode II

No comments: