Sunday, December 05, 2010

Keep the Mass in Christmas 2010


I had a Keep the Mass in Christmas post once before, but I slacked last year. I actually went for over a year without posting. I am back now though.
Tomorrow is the Feast Day of St. Nicholas and knowing how St Nicholas went from tall, thin, pious archbishop to jolly, fat man with a red suit who flies around with reindeer and his sole purpose in life is to give out presents has inspired me to post again. Today St Ignatios had one of the deacons dress up as St Nicholas (complete with miter and beard) and give out chocolate coins to the children. My daughter wouldn't have anything to do with him, but she was quite pleased once I opened up the coins and showed her the chocolate inside.
I saw on Google that there are 1, 2, 3 Facebook groups for this cause. I also saw that Tiber Jumper, The SciFi Catholic and Michael Dubriel have posted on this.
I don't have anything really clever to say about this today. I did want to post something and throw some pics out there.
H/T to Tiber Jumper and again for the initial pic that I modified.


May God bless all who read my ramblings,

No comments: