Sunday, July 24, 2011

Saints and Scripture 144


Of David. Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war;
My safe guard and my fortress, my stronghold, my deliverer, My shield, in whom I trust, who subdues peoples under me
Psalm 144:1-2

We all have our own internal battles and the spiritual war rages within and all around us. Fortunately, the Lord of Hosts provides grace, especially through the Sacraments and Mass or the Divine Liturgy (for Eastern Catholics/Orthodox).
St Michael the Archangel is the poster angel for spiritual warfare. After all, in Revelation we see that he was the leader of those angels loyal to the Almighty. He is the one depicted with Satan underfoot about to stab him. His name means "Who is like God?", a stern rebuke to the pride of Satan and his followers.

This week's Saints and Scripture over at The Kennedy Adventure

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

No comments: