Friday, November 02, 2012
7 Quick Takes 02NOV2012
1. Today is All Souls Day. I found out recently that the equivalent in the Byzantine Churches is Saturday of the Dead.
2. No one has figured out my latest Saint Quiz yet. Hint: He's one of the Eastern Doctors of the Church.
3. I used to go to a Young Adult Ministry in town. I'm thinking about going again. Is 30 too old for that?
4.The eparchy told me that to change my rite of ascription I had to be in a Melkite parish for 3 years. Its now been 2 1/2 this month.
5. My daughter is 4 and when she asked why we go to church on Sunday instead of some other day I explained that Jesus rose from the dead on Sunday. I don't think she really understands, but she parrots that idea every Sunday.
6. I forgot where I found this ridiculous image but its so amusing! Reagan was old...
7. My favorite of the Resurrection Troparia: “Let us, O Faithful, praise and worship the Word coeternal with the Father and the Spirit, born of the Virgin for our salvation. For He has willed to be lifted in the flesh upon the Cross, and to endure death, and to raised the dead by his glorious Resurrection.”
May God bless all who read my ramblings,
Adopt A Catholic Blog
Posted by Athanasis Contra Mundum at Friday, November 02, 2012
Labels: Quick Takes
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
That picture pretty much captures the ridiculousness of elections! I love it! Thank you for the Resurrection Troparia, I'd never heard that before. It's very beautiful. I think I'll post that on my blog. :)
Post a Comment