Sunday, December 04, 2011

Sunday Snippets

I posted a little more this week than I normally do. I started a new series of blog posts called Wisdom from Father Jose. I posted a YouTube video of Veni Veni Emmanuel in Latin. That is my all time favorite Christmas song. The next favorite would have to be God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. And lastly I posted some ramblings about the wonder of the Incarnation as we get closer to the Nativity of Our Lord. In the iconostasis I put along with this post you can see in the center that in the center are icons all about the Incarnation. On the doors are two panels for the Anunciation. To the left of the doors is Mary holding baby Jesus. Christ the Teacher icon is to the right of the doors and the Last Supper is just above the doors. The doors are open through most of the Divine Liturgy to symbolize the union of Heaven and Earth as symbolized by the space around the altar and the pews.

Of course be sure to visit RAnn's Sunday Snippets post to find links to all the others.

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

2 comments:

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

That picture increases my itch to attend the Divine Liturgy someday. There are no Eastern rites available in or anywhere near to Springfield, MO unfortunately.

sarah said...

The iconography in this picture is stunning.