Friday, March 09, 2012

7 Quick Takes 09MAR2012

  1. I have been reading Joshua and the commentary in the Bible mentions that Rahab is a prefiguring of the Church. This is the best article I've read explaining it. I've been thinking about it all week.
  2. I think I found a job. Next week, God willing, I'll be employed again.
  3. I'll go to drill for the first time this weekend with my new reserve unit.
  4. I've read that St Joseph is the archetype of the Christian bishop. I'm not sure of the reasoning or theology, but it sounds neat.
  5. I've now lived in my house for a whole year. Only 29 more and I'll have it paid off, although I hope I can get it paid off before that.
  6. What does it say about me that I like having lots of trees in my yard so I can burn the leaves?
  7. "The forceful practice of self-control and love, patience and stillness, will destroy the passions hidden within us"--St Thalassios the Libyan

Please check out the other 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

No comments: