Friday, October 12, 2012

7 Quick Takes 12OCT2012

1. Filioque is just a funny word to say. Did you know that even in the Latin Rite, when the Nicene Creed is prayed in Greek the Filioque is not said?

2. Mandorla is another funny word to say.

3. Vatican II is now 50 years old. I hope that everyone takes time to read what the documents really say instead of relying on what others say the documents say. How many of us can honestly say that we have read them and know what is really written in them? Too many of us just take other people's opinions as fact.

4. I like setting Babel and Pentecost side by side since they are polar opposites.


5.This picture is recycled from another post, but it still amuses me so I am re-posting it.


6. I posted another installment in my series of posts listing things I like about our local Melkite parish, St Ignatios.

7. O Heavenly King, Consoler, Spirit of Truth, present in all places and filling all things, the Treasury of blessings and the Giver of life, come, O Good One, and dwell in us, cleanse us of all stain and save our souls.


May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

No comments: