Friday, October 26, 2012

7 Quick Takes


    1. I discovered a new blog this week. It is called Wake Up and Smell the Incense. I highly recommend it. Its written by a teenage Byzantine Catholic and has lots of great Eastern Catholic memes.


    2. I had a resolution this year to have 1,000 total posts by the end of the year. This post is my 859th and I'm close, but between grad school, student teaching and other commitments I hardly seem to have any inspiration or time left to write and post about anything. I have a post that I'm going to write after this and schedule for Advent, but I need 140 more post ideas. Any thoughts?


    3. 11 days until Election Day, and only two weeks until the new James Bond film coming out on November 9th. I have no idea what this one is about but I'm sure that I will enjoy it nonetheless.

    4. I honestly don't like either candidate from the major parties and since I'll be disappointed either way, I just as well look forward to something that does excite me. The meme below speaks to just two of my disappointments with Romney and Obama.


    4.
    5.  Our parish has been without a resident priest for about a year now. We had a Ukrainian Catholic priest who happened to live in town celebrate the Divine Liturgy for us most Sundays/holy days and our former priest traveled from Atlanta to celebrate on some of the other Sundays and holy days. We have been blessed more than other priestless parishes. However, I was glad this last Sunday to meet the priest who will move from California to be our pastor.

    6. Reposted from a previous post to fill space:

    Lover of Mankind
    O Sacrament most holy, O Sacrament Divine
    All praise and thanksgiving be every moment Thine
    You proclaimed it as You turned the water into wine
    Jesus, the Samaritan with oil and wine healed
    With the bandage of baptism revealed
    The Bread of Life lay in the cross wood of a manger
    Feed offered to save mankind from sin's grave danger
    In the guise of bread and wine
    Is the Lover of Mankind

    7.  O Most Holy Trinity, have mercy on us; O Lord, cleanse us of our sins; O Master forgive our transgressions; O Holy One, come to us and heal our infirmities for your Name's sake.
    
    
    May God bless all who read my ramblings,

    Adopt A Catholic Blog

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I'm with you on the candidates and James Bond, which is far more likely to be enjoyable.

    Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

    Also, I can't wait for the political ads to be over with!

    Luke Iyengar said...

    Hi! Thanks for the mention!