Friday, November 23, 2012
7 Quick Takes 23NOV12
1. Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone! Has anyone ever wondered why summer sausages are only sold in the winter?
2. Its been a great week. My princess had the week off from school, her Mom had to work most of the week, and I had the week off from college so I got to spend every day this week except Wednesday and Thursday with her.
3. Maybe tomorrow I can get caught up on my readings for grad school.
4. I really like the troparion for the entrance of the Theotokos into the temple: Today is the prelude of the benevolence of God, and the announcement of the salvation of men. In the Temple of God the Virgin is seen openly, foretelling to all the coming of Christ. Wherefore let us cry to her in a loud voice, "Hail! O fulfillment of the Creator's plan!"
5. Our parish will have a new priest in January. We've been without our own priest for about a year and a half. Thankfully, our parish priest only moved as far as Atlanta and there is a Ukrainian Catholic priest in town and one of them has been around most Sundays to celebrate the Divine Liturgy.
6. This video is one of my favorite Christmas stories:
7.A thanksgiving prayer from St Basil:
We bless Thee, O most high God and Lord of mercy, Who art ever doing numberless great and inscrutable things for us––glorious and wonderful; Who grantest to us sleep for rest from our infirmities, and repose from the burdens of or much toiling flesh. We thank Thee that Thou hast not destroyed us with our sins, but hast loved us forever; and though we are sunk in despair, Thou hast raised us up to glorify thy power. Therefore, we implore Thine incomparable goodness: enlighten the eyes of our understanding and raise up our mid from the heavy sleep of indolence; open our mouth and fill it with Thy praise, that we may be able––without distraction––to sing and confess Thee, Who are God glorified in all and by all, the eternal Father, with Thine Only-begotten Son, and thine All-Holy and good and life-giving Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen
May God bless all who read my ramblings,
Adopt A Catholic Blog
Posted by Athanasis Contra Mundum at Friday, November 23, 2012
Labels: Quick Takes
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck catching up on your reading. My husband is catching up on his writing his papers. And I miss school.
St. Basil's prayer: WOW!
Post a Comment