Friday, January 06, 2012
7 Quick Takes New Year 2012
1. I recently read an article about a man who was placed in a half-way house in a monastery and escaped only to turn himself into the police and demand to finish his sentence in prison. I understand its an austere life, but I can only imagine how much better is the company you keep.
2. Did anyone else see that video of some guy proposing to his girlfriend on the jumbo-tron at a UCLA game? That's something you don't do unless you already know she'll say yes and its not something she should be put on the spot with.
3. I went to the Divine Liturgy for the Theophany, but I forgot to bring a container to gather some holy water for my daughter and I. Oh well, next year.
4. Speaking of my daughter, our priest in residence wrote an icon of the Holy Family for her. Its great! I should have taken a picture before it went in her room at her Mom's apartment.
5. I set out a to-do list for myself of roughly 60 items to accomplish this last week and next. The total complete so far is 3. I need longer days or a third week.
6. I have also only visited 5 of the places I listed out, but I have considerably more time to accomplish those.
7. Lastly, please consider adopting a Catholic blogger in prayer.
Please visit Conversion Diary to see the other 7 Quick Takes posted and linked there.
May God bless all who read my ramblings,
Adopt A Catholic Blog
Posted by Athanasis Contra Mundum at Friday, January 06, 2012
Labels: Catholic Carnival
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
60 items to do is too many! You really do need an extra day in the week. I would have loved to see that icon.
Post a Comment